Syncing with Timeframe

To sync your Timeframe data across Macs and iPhones, make sure you are running the latest version of Timeframe on all devices.

Once Timeframe sync is enabled, your data is synchronized automatically. Under normal conditions, using the “Force sync” button is unnecessary.

Also, please consider these details:

iCloud Sync
Make sure iCloud Drive is enabled.
On the Mac, this setting is found in macOS System Settings > Apple ID > iCloud.
On the iPhone, it is found in iOS Settings > AppleID > iCloud.
If you are logged into iCloud and iCloud Drive is enabled, but Timeframe doesn’t want to connect to iCloud, reboot your device. This can fix iCloud sync problems.
To be in sync with other devices, ensure you are using the same iCloud account on all devices.
For the sync to work properly on the iPhone, make sure Notifications are enabled for Timeframe (Settings > Notifications > Timeframe > Allow Notifications).

Dropbox Sync
There is no need to install and run the Dropbox app on your Mac. You just need a Dropbox account. If you don’t have one yet, create a Dropbox account here. It is free for up to 2 GB of data.
Please note that using a VPN internet connection with Dropbox sync can sometimes lead to sync problems. If Timeframe sync gets stuck, changing your DNS server settings (for example to Google’s DNS servers) usually fixes the problem.

If you run into any problems enabling iCloud, Dropbox, or WebDAV sync, please email the developer at niko@timeframeapp.com or ask for help here in the community.

I was just going through the posts about Timelime/Timeframe compatibility, and came across this one. It implies that the data are synchronised between Timelime (iPhone) and Timeframe (Mac), since there is no Timeframe for iPhone at this point. Is that correct, or are the two still maintaining separate databases?

No, unfortunately the Timelime iOS app doesn’t sync with Timeframe for Mac. I have been trying to release a Timeframe app for iOS for some time, but Apple keeps rejecting it. Apparently they don’t allow apps that are similar to existing apps. I’m working on a unified app now.

Ah. I was wondering what the problem was. Well, good luck! Looking forward to the unified app. Happy to pay for an upgrade!

Cheers

-mike

1 Like