Synchronising on my laptop constantly creates bogus timings

I’m afraid this has been happening for a very long time. For reasons I can’t fathom, almost every time I fire up my MacBook Pro, I find that Timeframe has messed up whatever current timing was started on one of my other Macs, and winds up with a duration of 96 hours or some such, going back through several other timings. I either have to go back through the old timings and fix them by hand, or just delete them. Neither of these is desirable.

I’ve made sure to keep the versions in sync (though, really, the database should be robust enough to handle version changes without this problem), so I don’t know why this keeps happening.

My solution for now is to simply remove Timeframe from my laptop, since I can’t trust it to behave itself. Let me know what, if anything, I can do to help debug this.

Timeframe version 2.4, macOS 14.4 (23E214).

1 Like

Actually, I’m looking at the timings again now, and the bogus timings are always exactly 96 hours — 4 days. Interesting.

Thanks for reporting this bug!
96 hours is the maximum duration a Timing can have. If Timing runs past this mark, it stops and restarts automatically.
I need to investigate why this might happen in your case.
Are all your Macs set to fetch the correct date and time automatically in System Preferences?

Yes, they all use a time server.

One thing that’s possibly interesting is that I don’t use the laptop very often. It will sit for days sometimes, usually asleep, before I wake it up and make use of it. So it’s either quietly synchronising in the background during sleep or it tries to do a big catch-up all at once when I wake it up; I don’t know how you’ve implemented that.

Thank you for the reply and description! I have now found the cause of this bug and fixed it. The next update of Timeframe will be available on the App Store within 2-3 days.