Default action when overlapping time detected

In Timeframe, the pop-up window that appears when overlapping time is detected can appear on a different desktop. It also only shows when the main window is open (i.e. Timeframe is in the dock). This wasn’t the case in Timelime. This isn’t a big deal if you could add a default behavior when overlapping time is detected. I often start a timer and then push it back and would like the overlap to be automatically taken care of. Can there be a default action for overlap detection? I would set mine to “Adjust.”

Second, in the Timelime menubar window, the search returned a list of results at the top of the window. A single arrow-down selected the project I was looking for. Now, the search is at the bottom of the window and I have to cmnd+down, up to select. It would be my preference to have the search at the top.

Thank you for your suggestions, Eric!

In Timeframe, the pop-up window that appears when overlapping time is detected can appear on a different desktop. It also only shows when the main window is open (i.e. Timeframe is in the dock). This wasn’t the case in Timelime.

That’s a bug! I will fix it in the next update.

Regarding the default action when dealing with overlapping timings: I can add a checkbox to the pop-up window that saves the selection so the pop-up doesn’t show again. Would that work for you?

Second, in the Timelime menubar window, the search returned a list of results at the top of the window. A single arrow-down selected the project I was looking for. Now, the search is at the bottom of the window and I have to cmnd+down, up to select. It would be my preference to have the search at the top.

In the menubar window, I put the search towards the bottom so the recent tasks and the “total time bullets” are always visible (especially since the search term is saved when showing the menubar window).
What I can do is this: When you use the arrow keys right after you type in the search field, the selection will jump right to the filtered tasks instead of going to the recent tasks first. What do you think?

These suggestions are great. Looking forward to the update. Thank you!

I’m implementing fixes now… However, strangely enough I wasn’t able to reproduce these bugs anymore:

In Timeframe, the pop-up window that appears when overlapping time is detected can appear on a different desktop. It also only shows when the main window is open (i.e. Timeframe is in the dock).

I’m using a default NSAlert for the pop-up window. So I wonder if this was fixed by Apple in a recent update to macOS. Can you please check if these issues are still happening on your Mac (macOS 13.5)?