Broken sync & request of non-existing update?!

Hello,
For a few weeks now, my Timeframe is showing at startup a popup “Timeframe is unable to sync” and request me to update the app. There is no update available (in the Apple Store).

The sync window confirms the problem. A “Force sync” shows up the same error message.

I remember trying my old, sleeping Timelime app on my iPhone to see if it was still working. Is it that that broke the iCloud sync?

How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Nicolas,

I remember trying my old, sleeping Timelime app on my iPhone to see if it was still working. Is it that that broke the iCloud sync?

Timelime and Timeframe databases and sync are separate, so this can’t be the cause.

Please ensure you are running the latest version of Timeframe on your Macs.

If nothing helps, I would recommend a re-sync:

1. Turn off Timeframe sync on all your Macs.
  2. Turn on sync again on one Mac, select “Delete cloud data”, and wait until it fully synced to iCloud (green bar).
  3. Turn on sync again on the other Mac(s).

Please let me know if this fixes the issue.

Seems to have worked, thanks Niko!
I was syncing just between my (only) Mac and my iPhone… if there’s no Timeframe for iOS, I can stop syncing (I wrongly assume that syncing is a way of backing up and tend to sync everything :-)))
By the way, on the “Sync” screen in the settings, there is a “Show “Force sync” button in” and the sentence finishes there! Shouldn’t we have “Menu bar” or something else?

By the way, on the “Sync” screen in the settings, there is a “Show “Force sync” button in” and the sentence finishes there! Shouldn’t we have “Menu bar” or something else?

Thanks for reporting this, Nicolas! I have fixed this in the recent update.

I was syncing just between my (only) Mac and my iPhone… if there’s no Timeframe for iOS, I can stop syncing (I wrongly assume that syncing is a way of backing up and tend to sync everything :-)))

True, for backup it’s better to use the Timeframe’s Automatic Backup feature:) You can set it up in Settings. If you want to back up your data online, just choose iCloud Drive as backup location.